Saturday, July 23, 2011

9 weeks

 This week has been a roller coaster. I had my appointment on Tuesday got to see the babies moving and twitching (as they are developing tiny little muscles this week) and their hearts beating. They still kind of look like shrimp but with longer nubs. They are about the size of green olives (about an inch long) and there heads are continuing to grow (four times what it was at 6 weeks) and look more like a babies than tadpoles. The stomach organs are also growing rapidly.

After my appointment I was running errands and started to have strange symptoms (vision, memory, and confusion problems) I was able to make it home in time for the right side of my face and hands to go numb. I called my doctor, who told me to go the the ER. Once there, becuase I was pregnant, they did not want to run any testing on me. My physican admitted
me to the antepartum unit for neurology consult. After some testing and two days, they came to the conclusion that the symptoms were caused by the  hormones that I am still taking to help with the pregnacy. Instead of discontinuing the estrogen I am adding baby aspirin to my daily medication regimen to decrease the side effects of the hormones (which I only have to be on until 11weeks, when the placenta will take over). I am home now and will back to work next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment