Monday, February 10, 2014

The TWIN how-to **work in progress**

Everyone always asks, "how do you do it?" Well, since there are two of them some ingenuity is needed. Some of these came from books I read (see below), some came from friends helpful recommendations, and some came from experiencing it. I am in no way a pro and a lot of these have come purely from trial and error! 

 I read many books. Some of them helpful, some of them not. The most helpful book that I read was written by moms of multiples and really offered a  lot of really great advice with a huge range of topics. I really recommend any pregnant mom of multiples to get one. Its called, "The Multiples Manual: Preparing and Caring for Twins or Triplets, 1,002 Tips for Expectant Mothers" by Lorenz.  Some of the tips below came from this book mixed with experience.

Hope this helps:

STROLLER/CAR SEAT:
  • Start with looking at strollers!!! I know it seems backwards, but, carriers are made for all babies with the same safety standards, however, strollers are not all made for twins!!!  When you start looking at strollers you will find that even double strollers come in a vast array of shapes, sizes, settings, and cost! Play with them!! Open them, close them, lift them up and down and imagine trying to get it in your car. Double strollers are huge and costly so spend time trying them out.  Some come with 3 pieces that you take a part (I had no time for that, but some people like the versatility).
  • SIDE-BY-SIDE/FRONT BACK DEBACKLE: I am here to tell you that there are huge advantages and disadvantages to both. My solution: GET BOTH!!  I use different strollers for different situations. I primary used front and back at the beginning as it was much easier to click the carriers into them and easier in and out of my vehicle. It was easier to get in and out of doctors offices as I did not knock everyone over in hallways.  However, my side by side is much more convenient in a park setting.
  • I went with the Chicco double front and back stroller with the Key Fit 30 carriers. The car seat bases were SOOOO easy to install and switch between cars (literally only took me a total of 2 min to get both bases in and a matter of seconds to secure the carrier in the bases).  A great thing about the Key Fit 30 carriers is they are one of only a couple that can safely transport a lower birth weight baby.
FEEDING


BATHTIME FUN


SHOPPING



No comments:

Post a Comment