Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Embryos

This is a picture of our actual embryos!! The embryologist took this picture an hour before they were placed in my uterus. This 5 day embryo is called a blastocyst. The one on the left is starting to "hatch" and push out of the cell which is the next step in development. The one on the right we are told is shy. They explained that the cells expand and contract and the moment when the picture was taken the cells contracted which is why it looks different than the one on the left. The actual embryo transfer took less than a min and felt like nothing more than a speculum exam. Following the transfer I had to stay laying down for 30 min. After, the nurse wheeled me out to the car where I continued to lay flat in the back seat. I have been in bed since and will stay in bed till tomorrow to allow gravity to help our embryos to burrow in the lining. We have to wait 10 days for blood work to see if I am pregnant. So here's hoping that June 16th comes fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment