Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sono and Estrogen Level

Yesterday I had a follow up sono and lab work to check my estrogen level. They wanted my estrogen to be below 60 which would  suggest the Lupron was adequately suppressing my natural hormones. My level was 8, woo hoo!  This means that we will start the stimulation medication Follistem on Saturday and start tapering off the suppression meds. The Follistem is used for 10 days to stimulate the follicles to mature for the retrieval. During these ten days I will have to go every 2-3 days for sono's to make sure I am not getting too much medication causing over-stimulation, which is one of the possible side effects of the medication. On a side note Jake's office is flying him home for the weekend, I get to pick him up tomorrow, I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment